The Friends of the Charlevoix Library:
- Serve as a "connecting link" between the library and the community, interpreting one to the other.
- Receive funds through an ongoing booksale which supplement the library's operating budget, providing materials & programs for young children.
- Annual membership drive provides for special enhancements for the library.
- Annual membership is $5.00 per family. Please click here and print the form, fill it out, and either leave the form (with your check) at the library desk to the attention of the Friends of the Library, or mail the form and check to 220 W. Clinton St., Charlevoix, MI 49720, again to the attention of the Friends of the Library.
- Volunteering is key: Some of the Friends activities include: delivering materials to the homebound, obituary data entry, program hospitality, newsletter mailing preparation, library programming support. Help the Friends and the library with your time, click here to read the volunteer policy and then click here for the form!
- Click here to see what the Friends' have done for the library since 2001; they are AMAZING! Thank you Friends.
Beyers' Friends Room Hunting for the Perfect Book Michigan Room Committee Historic Photo Display
Annually, the Friends of the Library's Michigan Room Committee selects an individual or group who has demonstrated an interest in the preservation of the history of Northern Michigan to receive the Margaret Duerr Award. Previous award winners are:
President: Peggy Gallinat
Past President: Barb Holmes
Vice President: Sally Campi
Secretary: Christine Brey
Treasurer: Birute Fleck
Members at Large: Alberta Beyers; Perry Irish Hodgson; Anne Kelly; Pauline McDermott; Linda Moore
Membership Chair: Amy Lalewicz
Book Sale Chair: Mary Ann Chew
Library Board Representative: Lynn Smolenyak
Michigan Room Representative: Cynthia Postmus
Library Director: Linda Adams
January - Annual Meeting / Election of Board
May - Memorial Day Parade
June - Annual Book Sale
September - Margaret Duerr Award Program
October - School Board Candidates Forum
December - Membership Renewal Letters