Join our award winning team!
The Charlevoix Public Library is searching for a part time Library Circulation Department Assistant & Community Room Staff Assistant.
The right candidate must be strongly customer service focused, technologically literate, and have good communication skills. Must have minimum three years’ experience in public service with previous library service a plus. Includes early morning, evening, weekend hours, and on call duties. Email resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com. Position open until filled.
Title: Library Assistant/Circulation Department & Community Room Staff Assistant
Salary Range: $12.50 – $15.00
Part Time: Approximately 20-25 hours per week.
Benefits: Limited including paid personal time Reports to: Departmental Supervisor & Director.
Library Assistant Scope: Assist departmental supervisors in assuring the efficient function of department by providing energetic, efficient and positive customer service.
Community Room Assistant Scope: Sets up, takes down, assists with, and is on call to provide support to events/meetings in the Community Rooms and Conference Rooms for two weekdays (including evenings) and on alternating weekends.
- Perform all circulation functions, including check-out and check-in of materials and managing patron accounts
- Perform book-processing tasks (including packing, unpacking) Assist patrons with the computers, copier, fax, printers
- Work with department heads in program and event implementation when needed
- Meets with community room users at specified reservation times including mornings, weekends, and evenings to provide assistance
- Sets up and takes down community rooms for use including Audio/Visual (AV) equipment as well as tables and chairs
- Assists community groups as well as library programs with use of library equipment including AV technology
- Maintain and enhance job skills through continuing education activities
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- May fill shifts and openings within other departments
- Minimum two years post high school education or related work experience in lieu of
- Minimum three years’ experience working with public
- Basic computer knowledge (see staff computer literacy standards)
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft applications
- Understanding of shared database systems
- Able to provide technical assistance such as connecting devices to projectors and managing sound systems and microphones
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong service orientation with outgoing personality
- Able to work evenings and weekend hours on a regular basis
- Experience working with the public in a library
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Publisher and Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with shared database systems
- Confidence in making decisions
- Self directed and able to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs., bend, push, and stand for periods of time
- Must be able to arrange tables and chairs for room set-ups/take downs regularly
The above is intended to describe the major responsibilities and requirements for this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or requirements.